|Order, Shipment and Inventory Visibility||Monitor the inbound and outbound movement of goods at the shipment, order, SKU and container level|
|Receive real-time updates from the Amber Road global trading network|
|Manage detention and demurrage issues with visibility into container locations and status|
|Alerts and Event Management||Proactively alert your supply chain partners and stakeholders of key events and at-risk milestones|
|Manage critical supply chain issues and expedite resolution through automated notifications|
|Fine tune alerts according to specific events, data elements and tolerances based on planned milestones|
|Define who receives alerts as well as the frequency and content of the notification|
|Assign alerts for resolution and report against them to identify root cause and eliminate recurrences|
|Dashboards||Personalize dashboards for the most effective display of data|
Order and Shipment Visibility
Issues and Challenges
To reduce inventories, optimize networks, and mitigate risk, global supply chain teams need near real-time visibility into the status of orders and shipments. However, supply chain visibility is complicated by today's global trading systems, which have different infrastructures, data definitions, and message formats. It can be difficult to receive and interpret status updates from numerous carriers, suppliers, brokers, and freight forwarders to gain a comprehensive picture and assess performance and bottlenecks. Without this big picture, it becomes nearly impossible to implement cost-saving strategies, such as just-in-time inventory replenishment. When delivery windows are tight, even minor missteps and miscalculations can have major consequences.
- Handling the complex relationships of orders distributed across multiple shipments, equipment, carriers, and modes
- Connecting and maintaining a supply chain network across widely varying information system capabilities and message types
- Receiving and interpreting differing message content formats for analysis
- Focusing on the information that indicates areas of concern, thereby allowing management by exception
How Amber Road Can Help
Amber Road's Supply Chain Visibility solution provides multi-mode supply chain visibility functionality that connects importers and exporters with their overseas suppliers, logistics providers, brokers, and carriers. Amber Road has built a global trading network with pre-established connectivity to hundreds of trading partners.
To reduce inventory carrying costs and improve supply chain efficiencies, you need accurate analytics to reduce variability and eliminate dwell time. To optimize trade lane performance, you also need accurate visibility into individual order and shipment status.
Amber Road’s multimodal logistics solution provides a range of capabilities to identify and remove inefficiencies resulting in shorter cycle times and less variability, helping companies reduce transportation costs, while improving service levels and transit times.
“Once you can see the shipments moving in transit, you can predict and late shipments and adjust. NCR will see a seven-figure benefit from the implementation; it has added definite value for us.”
Director, Global Logistics Sourcing
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Amber Road to Discuss Enabling Retail for e-Commerce at the RILA Supply Chain Conference
- Santa Replaces Reindeer-Based Visibility System to Tackle Cross-Border elf-Commerce
- Global Logistics - It's A Wonderful Life
- Supply Chain Visibility: Know Sooner, Act Now
- 2017: Bracing for Instability in Global Trade