|Publishing Services||Our team of highly trained contract analysts translate ocean and air contracts and specially negotiated terms into a series of calculable business rules|
|The variables are linked to the ocean carrier's governing rules tariffs to integrate applicable surcharges and to automatically calculate the full, bottom-line rate|
|Secure, Centralized Rate Repository||Consolidate all global rates and amendments and improve compliance to an approved carrier list|
|Secure access to rates by role and geographic scope|
Contract and Rate Management
Issues and Challenges
Importers and exporters with significant freight volumes usually have multiple contracts with ocean carriers and/or NVOCCs. These contracts cover key points such as volume commitments, rate stability, accessorial applicability, and terms around contract duration, detention and demurrage, dispute resolution, and other concerns.
Since rate and accessorial levels fluctuate frequently, complex calculations utilizing current information are needed to get an accurate and complete picture of shipping costs. Amending multiple contracts and updating dynamic carrier accessorials manually is nearly impossible. Consequently, shippers frequently struggle to reconcile estimated versus actual shipping costs.
Global logistics challenges include:
- Locating rates for lanes across numerous contracts with disparate formats and calculating a total shipment cost based on the contract terms
- Accounting for accessorials that are not fixed in the contract, such as fuel adjustment factors that may change daily
- Determining all available routes under contract and comparing costs
- Maintaining current amendments and rate changes
How Amber Road Can Help
Amber Road's contract and rate management capabilities help automate ocean and air contract management so shippers can make precise, cost-based decisions. We do this by providing both a service and technology that helps shippers manage the complexity of cost variables and fluctuations inherent to service contracts.
To reduce inventory carrying costs and improve supply chain efficiencies, you need accurate analytics to reduce variability and eliminate dwell time. To optimize trade lane performance, you also need accurate visibility into individual order and shipment status.
Amber Road’s multimodal logistics solution provides a range of capabilities to identify and remove inefficiencies resulting in shorter cycle times and less variability, helping companies reduce transportation costs, while improving service levels and transit times.
“Amber Road helps manage our international transportation spending by providing accurate and secure access to all contract terms and bottom-line charges at each step in our logistics process.”
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Global Logistics - It's A Wonderful Life
- The Morning After-Shock: USFIA 28th Apparel Importers Trade and Transportation Conference
- The Morning After: What the Future Holds for Trade Policy & the Global Fashion Industry
- B2C E-Commerce Growth Fuels Need for Improved Postal Services
- Video Series Chapter 4 - Logistics