Join Amber Road, the Global Trade Management SaaS leader, as we expand our comprehensive supply chain and global trade compliance platform. As an Associate Product Manager, you will support the Product Team in researching, design, developing, testing and documenting modules within our export and import compliance product lines. This position requires collaboration within Product Management as well as internal and external stakeholders to aggregate and translate user feedback and export and import compliance rules and regulations into product requirements. The Associate Product Manager is expected to manage the product throughout the product life-cycle and serves as the subject matter expert when working with Sales, Services, and Engineering.
Gather, qualify and provide requirements input and direction for product and services enhancements:
- Define and maintain the business cases and product requirements definition for assigned products and feature sets
- Provide input on strategic initiatives that define the product roadmap
- Engage in new product development projects to write requirements, preview designs, review test cases, and serve as the product owner to ensure agile deliverables satisfy product requirements
- Maintain a backlog of prioritized product enhancements
- Work with Marketing to help develop marketing collateral, sales tools and demonstration scripts
- Author release notes and on-line help
Responsible for customer product and services needs over short, medium and long term timeframes:
- Maintain close relationships with solutions consulting, account management, and key customers to build awareness of customer needs and competitive alternatives
- Work with Services to provide assistance to early adopter customers and collect requirements to continually improve our configuration and deployment tools
- Maintain a database of competitive threats and related industry news
- Monitor analyst coverage and industry direction
In addition the Associate Product Manager is expected to participate in customer advisory boards and other internal meetings to discuss new product deliveries, future product plans, and the impact of industry directions on our roadmap.
- BA / BS in a related area or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the export and/or import compliance domain or other equivalent/similar background. This includes understanding of one or more of these areas: Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, HS classification, license management, admissibility, import valuation, duty/taxes/fees determination and/or FTZ.
- Familiarity with end-to-end software development and Agile methodologies
- Experience with technical integration including data exchange standards (EDI, CSV, Excel and/or XML) and application configuration.
- Strong written, oral communications and analytical skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making, human relations and organization skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working in a software company in product management, solutions consulting or implementation services is a plus.
- Ability to work with offshore team members (Engineering, QA, Documentation and Product Management)
- Availability for early morning calls with global counterparts.
- Both domestic and international travel required.
- Domestic (Customer sites, other Amber Road offices, etc.); approximately 6 trips a year
- International (Bangalore office); approximately 1-2 trips a year