Associate Business Analyst plays a key role on the product management team to translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, to help communicate these specifications to Development and to maintain changes to these specifications in an agile development environment. In addition, the Associate Business Analyst will play a key role in working with the quality assurance team to help develop test plans, certify adherence to functional specifications and deliver a market-ready product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 2 – 4 years of experience working in software (enterprise application) development
- Experience automating complex business processes
- Global Trade Management or Supply Chain Management domain preferred
- Strong communication skills and inclusive style. (will ask for samples of written communications and authored specifications)
- Ability to interact with and influence stakeholders across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage time, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Basic Knowledge of technology structures: Database, XML Technology, Data exchange protocol, Communications
- Data extraction, transformation and loading, output (report) design and data queries (SQL)
- Collaborates with Business Analysts, Product Managers, Trade content subject matter experts, and Development to identify and document future requirements and translate them into functional specifications.
- Refines requirements with industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow diagrams, and functional decomposition analysis. The Analyst will confirm requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Works closely with Development and Quality Assurance to support testing against application requirements. Researches and resolves defects with business and technical teams. Assists the QA team to define and create test data as needed.
- Compares business requirements to delivered system to ensure all requirements are met and function as designed.
- Gains expertise in the domain of global trade management domain and the technology platforms of the company.